DETAILS AND GUIDELINES FOR YOUR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
Please carefully follow the guidelines below as you write. Any manuscripts which not meeting these guidelines will be returned to the author(s) for revision.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items. The submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The paper should have not been published or considered for publication in the other journals or other media.
- The format of the file is .doc or .docx.
- All text, including title, headings, and subheadings must be typed, 1.15 spaced, with 3-3 and 3-3 margins all around and type on one side of A4 paper. Please use a 12-point font-Garamond. Your references should conform to the most recent Chicago Style Citations guide.
- The length of the paper is about 4.000-6.000 words.
- The paper should be free for plagiarism and academically malpractices. The editor checks each article before its publication. Please ensure that all information taken from outside sources is properly cited and that all thoughts are composed in your own words. Text similarity below 20% is acceptable by the journals and similarity of >20% will be immediately returned to the authors for correction and may be cause for removal of the manuscript from the publication.
- The article should cite Texts which follow the right guidelines can be seen in Author’s Guidelines.
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically at http://jurnal.iainponorogo.ac.id/index.php/cendekia (see How to Submit). This system will permit the editorial team to keep the submission and review process as efficient as possible. You also can send it as attachment to the email address: email@example.com.
- Manuscripts should be written in English. The content submitted to Cendekia: Jurnal Kependidikan dan Kemasyarakatan must be written in clear English with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. The fitness of a manuscript for publication in Cendekia: Jurnal Kependidikan dan Kemasyarakatan is carefully reviewed based on each of the dimensions listed below.
- Significance/relevance to Islamic education and Islamic society.
- Methods (manuscript MUST an empirical study): appropriateness to questions, adequate description of methods (including data collection and analysis), and rigor of methods.
- Results and discussion are data-based.
- Conclusion covers the main point of the article.
- Overall contribution to the field.
- Writing style/composition/clarity.
Manuscript General Format
Title, Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Theoretical/Conceptual Framework, Findings/Results and Discussion, Conclusion, and References
Title Page. Title should not exceed 12 words. It should be capitalized in 14 point of Garamond. The alignment is center.
Author(s). Author’s name should not be followed by any academic titles. Author should write his/her institution and its address. It is put under the title. Notice to Authors of Joint Works (articles with more than one author). Please identify the Corresponding Author for your work when submitting your manuscript for review. All of the authors should attach their institution and their email addresses.
Abstract and keywords. Abstract should be written in English. Abstracts describing the essence of the manuscript must be 150-200 words. It contains the title, aims, method, and the findings. Authors should select keywords from the menu on the manuscript submission system so that readers may search for the article after it is published. The keywords should consist of 3-5 words or phrases. It should be typed in 12 point of Garamond.
Introduction. It includes the background of the research, the context of the research, the research problem, and the aims of the research.
Method. It should be written in paragraphs. It explains the approach of the research, kinds of research, data collection technique, and data analysis. (Research method is used for field research).
Results and Discussion. It refers to the totally of outcomes; the result of data analysis. The results should be discussed for each. The discussion interprets and describes the significance of the findings in light of what was already known about the research problem being investigated. It also explains any new understanding or insights that emerged from the theories and/or the other researches.
Conclusion. It summarizes the main points of evidence or the findings of the research problems. It also provides the overall coverage of the article and concluding remarks. It consists of two paragraphs (as the maximum).
References. References should be cited both in text and in the references list and should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (fullnote). It should be listed in alphabetical order. Please ensure that all information in your manuscript that is taken from another source is substantiated with an in-text reference citation. A minimum of 80% sources are from article journal and published 10 years recently is required for each submission. Articles in Cendekia: Jurnal Kependidikan dan Kemasyarakatan are suggested to be used as references. Please also note that your references must follow Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition style (The editor will return your submission for your correction if you do not properly format your references). Author (s) may employ Zotero, Mendeley, EndNote, etc. as the Reference Management.